Creating and configuring a new eNotebook
Creating a new Notebook
You must have access and be logged into a Trove in order to create a new Notebook. See Logging into LabTrove, for instructions on gaining access and logging into a Trove.
To create a new Notebook:
- Click new blog in the Your Blogs section of the Trove home page.
- Enter a name for your Notebook in the Blog Title field. This is the name that is displayed in the banner at the top of the Notebook.
- Enter a short name for your Notebook in the Short Name field. The short name is used in the URL of the blog and can contain only letters, numbers, and the underscore _ character. The short name must be unique, and cannot be changed once the Notebook has been created.
- (Optional) Add a description for your Notebook in the Description field. The description for the Notebook is displayed as a tag line beneath the name of the Notebook.
- Select the appropriate Blog Type from the list of available options.
- Click Add New Blog to create the your new Notebook
Your new blog is created and the Settings page is displayed. The next step is configure the security and access settings for your Notebook.
Configuring security and access on a Notebook
To login LabTrove using an OpenID account:
- Click the Login button at the top left of the Trove home page.
- In the Sign-in or Create New Account window, select the account provider to use to log into LabTrove.
Certain providers might open a new window and ask you to enter your username or user ID and password. Other providers might ask you to enter a username or user ID and then click Sign-in. Follow the instructions given by your chosen service provider.